[UPDATE 08/09/08] Also works on Sidux! I am now using Sidux. Make sure to export WINEPREFIX.
Yes I did it. I will try my best to replicate what I have done, but it was mostly dumb luck as most of the time I didn't know exactly what I was doing. Take that as a word of caution and my explicit waiver.
1. First off, install the latest wine version by following Ubuntu-Unleashed's instructions:
wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/hardy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get install wine
2. Then install cabextract
$ sudo aptitude install cabextract
3. Then install ies4linux. NOTE: A lot of people are saying that ies4linux is bad for wine and linux. If you have other programs on wine - STOP. Do this on a clean install of wine and figure out whether the following steps would be good for you. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN BOLD LETTERS.
$ wget http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/downloads/ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
$ cd ies4linux-*
4. Make a separate folder named .winebottles under /home/yourusername
$ cd ~
$ mkdir .winebottles
$ mv ~/.ies4linux/ie6 ~/.winebottles/money2004
$ export WINEPREFIX="/home/yourusername/.winebottles/money2004"
5. Go to your CDROM directory and install MS Money 2004. Mine was /media/MONEY
$ cd /media/yourcddrive
$ wine setup.exe
$ wineboot wine install / postreboot / pkg: mnypack
6. If you are lucky you should have gotten MS Money 2004 to install successfully.
$ cd ~/.winebottles/money2004/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Money/System
Change directory to your new installation and run
$ wine msmoney.exe
7. You will get some errors,I just got rid of them by ignoring and cancelling. You may ask if I did this originally. The simple and frank answer is no. I got it from a couple of French guys in an ubuntu forum. Find the original post here.